US ‘serial slingshot shooter’, aged 81, arrested

Date:


Azusa Police Department/ Instagram Azusa Police Department vehicle on the block of the home were a search warrant was executedAzusa Police Department/ Instagram

Azusa police executed a search warrant at the suspect’s home

A “serial slingshot shooter”‘ who for years had allegedly antagonised residents of his California neighbourhood has been arrested, police say.

The 81-year-old man is accused of firing ball bearings at dozens of local homes, breaking windows and windshields and narrowly missing people.

Azusa police say Prince King’s arrest concludes a “lengthy investigation” and brings an end to the “quality of life issue” that had plagued area-residents for nearly a decade.

Mr King pleaded not guilty during his court appearance on Tuesday.

Azusa Police Department released a statement on Instagram this week saying that Mr King’s arrest came after a search warrant was executed on his home in the neighbourhood where the incidents were reported.

“During the search, ball bearings and a slingshot were recovered from his residence,” police said.

The offences had been happening for nine to 10 years, police said, during which time “dozens of citizens were being victimised by a serial slingshot shooter”.

This includes ball bearings flung toward home windows and car windshields, and “almost” hitting people.

Police said they were able to arrest Mr King when a recent uptick in complaints revealed a “pattern” and allowed them to “narrow it down to a specific residence”.

“We’re not aware of any kind of motive other than just malicious mischief,” Azusa police Lt Jake Bushey told local news.

Residents say they are relieved after years of incidents.

“Many times I came outside, and I would find little BBs by the front door,” resident Monico Palomino told a local NBC affiliate.

“I’m very glad the person was caught.”

Images of cracked windows and plastic bags filled with little silver balls gathered from the yards of victims were displayed on local news.

Mr King faces felony and misdemeanor vandalism charges, according to the New York Times.

He has been released without bail until his next court date on 17 June.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Biden Campaign Brings The Pain To Convicted Felon Trump

Biden campaign co-chair Mitch Landrieu made it clear...

A Times Reporter on His Father’s Years in Mao’s Army in China

I didn’t have much time. I was in...

Synagogue, church attacks in Russia’s Dagestan kill police: Report | News

BREAKINGBREAKING, Gunmen shot at a synagogue and church...

Formula 1 and Amazon debut AI ‘Statbot’ to personalize broadcasts

At the Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday, Formula...